Sunday, January 4, 2009

Rockin' Weekend

After a quiet New Year's Eve with just the two of us, we've had a company-filled few days, and what a blast it was. We had Maria out for a two-night sleepover starting on Friday. She was so excited to be here because some of her favorite people were visiting at the same time. Jack and five of his friends came out for a long weekend in the cabin. They brought their instruments and recording equipment and made a CD, in addition to hiking, eating, photographing, sitting around the bonfire, etc. The eating was done down here at the new house and I have to say that I've never, ever cooked for a more appreciative audience. All at once, I understood how women become addicted to feeding people. There is something satisfying about having a large pot of chili devoured by a group of grateful 20-year olds. I felt like an Italian mama and found myself wanting to offer them more--Here, eat! You need to eat!
Spencer and Tim had their cameras and captured some of the best moments of the weekend. I leave you with their images...
the Band
For the cd insert
During the breaks

The farm through their eyes

That's what I'm talking about, people.

2 comments:

Shelley said...

Sounds like my kind of weekend! I love to entertain at our log cabin. your photos are wonderful!

Meg said...

Thanks Shellmo! It is great to have visitors out, isn't it? Our door is always open.